If you are reading this right now, you obviously have access to the internet, most likely on a home computer, a tablet, a laptop, or your phone. Truth be told, you probably own more than one of those things. I’ll make a further leap and guess that you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, food in your stomach, and a warm bed to sleep in every night. If you are reading this right now, you have so much more than millions, perhaps even billions have all over the world.
Here are 19 signs that you’re one of the luckiest people on Earth.
1. You are alive.
2. You are able to see the sunrise and the sunset.
3. You are able to hear birds sing and waves crash.
4. You can walk outside and feel the breeze through your hair and the sun’s warmth on your skin.
5. You have tasted the sweetness of chocolate cake.
6. You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
7. You awoke this morning with a roof over your head.
8. You had a choice of what clothes to wear.
9. You haven’t feared for your life today.
10. You have overcome some considerable obstacles, and you have learned and survived.
11. You often worry about what you’re going to do with your life – your career, your family, the next step, etc. – which means you have ambition, passion, drive, and the freedom to make your own decisions.
12. You live in a country that protects your basic human rights and civil liberties.
13. You are reasonably strong and healthy – if you got sick today, you could recover.
14. You have a friend or relative who misses you and looks forward to your next visit.
15. You have someone with whom to reminisce about ‘the good old days.’
16. You have access to clean drinking water.
17. You have access to medical care.
18. You have access to the Internet.
19. You can read.
The truth is, you’re doing better than a lot of people in this world. So remember to be grateful for all the things you do have. Share this list with your friends so that they will be thankful too.